To connect your Garmin Connect account to your Big Team Challenge account, you can:
Via the Website
1. Visit your challenge URL and login
2. Click the "Settings" link (in the top navigation)
3. Click on the "Connected Apps" link in the middle of the page
4. Click on the "Connect" button beside Garmin Connect
Via the Mobile Apps
1. Open the app (login if you haven't done so)
2. Tap the top left (hamburger) icon to expand the menu
3. Tap the Sync Devices button
4. In the Devices section, tap "Connect to Garmin Connect"
You will be redirected to Garmin to login with your Garmin Connect account, then back to Big Team Challenge. Please check that "Daily Health Stats" sharing is enabled and click "Agree" to confirm the connection.
Once your Garmin Connect account is connected to Big Team Challenge, we automatically log distances in the background when notified by Garmin's servers. This usually happens each time you sync your tracker via bluetooth with the Garmin Connect mobile app.
For more information about syncing to Garmin Connect please see https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity-sync
Once Big Team Challenge has pulled in distance for a particular day, we only bank the difference if more steps have been added since the last sync.
Note: only steps from your tracker are synced from Garmin Connect - manually entered activities on your Garmin Connect account may not be included in the synced day's total. Steps are also converted to meters within Big Team Challenge, so the total meters walked may appear different to Garmin's data.
If you have any issues with Garmin Connect sync, please first check the https://connect.garmin.com website (when logged in) under Daily Summary. The totals in steps should match up with what has been automatically logged on your account.
To stop syncing with Garmin Connect, just press the "Disconnect" button (or toggle off) instead in step 4 above.